We are a group with high expectations, and no humble intentions. We work everyday to become a reference for the finest of photographic art.
WHO BELONGS IN THIS GROUP:
If you are none of the above, neither an appreciator, neither a photographer who wants to be seriously challenged by difficult goals, you don't belong in this group. Approval rates among member submissions are now below 0.5%.
- This group is designed MOSTLY for appreciators of art, for those who want to admire a good selection, of beauty and artistic talent.
- Or, for artists with serious aspirations, who want to evolve, learn from others, and gather inspiration. And accept the difficult challenge of creating and delivering photography with a concept, meaning and enough impact to be featured.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:We have an extremely harsh voting system, composed by a panel of over 10 moderators listed below. Do not expect easy approvals.
- We accept 1 submission per month for normal folders. Consider it one difficult challenge per month.
- Image quality and composition must be good, unless it is deliberately used to enhance the message.
- We do NOT accept artworks with extensive watermarks, or disrupting elements that do not allow a proper appreciation of the photograph. (Discreet signatures are okay).
- Photographs where any of the sides have less than 400px, may get more negative votes
- Submissions will be seriously evaluated for their artistic feeling and aspiration.
- We accept manipulations/compositions, as long as they are sent to the proper folder.
- We accept nudity when conceived as a form of art. Please send it to the proper folder
- To submit from other artist than yourself, use "Suggest a fave" in the group front page or send to normal categorized folders.
- We do NOT provide justifications for declined submissions (read more below).
- Decisions may take up to 10 days or more. We receive massive numbers, and we impose a strict and complex voting system.
- If you would like to donate points to maintain the group subscription, do it here sltf.deviantart.com/ There will be be a regular front page feature of your best work for top donors.
WHY WAS MY PHOTOGRAPH REJECTED?
We do not provide justifications for rejected submissions. Here's why:
Your photograph was not accepted, because it did not gather enough votes from our large panel of moderators, or because you failed to comply to the simple rules listed above, like folders, watermarks and so on. If its a quality question, each moderator decided his/hers vote for many different reasons. We can't make you a report from each moderator to explain individual votes, and keep doing this 100 times a day, to everybody that asks.
We can't tell you what is good art or bad art, the group of moderators simply vote for what they personally find or not sufficiently appealing to their eyes to be featured...
We are a large group, and we can't have a customer service department, to sit all day answering hundreds of requests from 12 thousand members..
We had an history of constant fights with members who ask for a reason and then proceed with a week long of insults and accusations.
Due to this all "why requests" will be ignored.
We have open a group for feedback called Open-Critique where members can provide feedback to each other: open-critique.deviantart.com/
Would you like to help us?
The best help you can give, is to submit artworks by suggesting a fav (not your own work). Please submit every amazing artwork you find around. Do not expect easy approvals here either. Most will likely be denied.
Members who contribute with a consistent effort in the search of artworks, may be be invited for active voting moderators. Send a private note if you would like to collaborate more closely with the group.
Would you like to be a Gallery contributor or a Moderator of this group? Send us a note.
CSS made by `TwiggyTeeluck
Brushes by ~gvalkyrie